Weather update: main Calder Valley routes remain clear
Gritters have kept the upper Calder Valley’s main roads clear of snow so far, with no major problems along main traffic routes.
Light snow continues to fall but well-used secondar routes have also remained passable though care should be taken on side streets where snow has accumulated.
Calderdale Council gritter crews have been working to ensure main routes remain clear all morning, writes John Greenwood.
Forecasters say snow is likely to remain light but constant for the rest of today, through the night and into Saturday.
Town centres have been seeing less footfall than normal but most businesses, including Todmorden Market Hall, are open as normal.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Something’s brewing down at Sid’s music shop
- More help for the unemployed
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west