DCSIMG

Tumble dryer catches fire a house in Todmorden

editorial image

editorial image

Fire crews were called to Todmorden yesterday (Sunday) to reports that a tumble dryer was on fire.

When crews from Todmorden and Mytholmroyd arrived at the property on Laneside Street they discovered that the appliance was on fire in an upstairs bedroom.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire and keep it contained to the bedroom using two breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a high-powered fan.

Nobody was injured during the incident, and the occupants were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarm.

Having arrived at the scene at 12.55pm, the crews spent just over an hour dealing with the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page