Teenage techno tournament
The tenth Calderdale Technology Tournament is the largest to date with 33 teams from nine local schools.
The event was a hands on and logical approach to energy transfer, gearing and frictional issues in designing a vehicle capable of covering the 1.5metre test track.
Not all entries crossed the finish line. Successful schools included Calder High, foundation level; Ryburn Valley High, intermediate level; and Crossley Heath, advanced level. Calderdale mayor John Hardy presented winning teams with plaques.
The Rotary clubs of Halifax, Calder, Brighouse, Sowerby Bridge, and Hebden Bridge provided support and funding.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west