Talking floods at drop-in sessions
Calderdale Council is holding two flood prevention drop-in sessions in the Calder Valley.
The first is from 3pm to 8pm on Monday, October 29, at Hebden Bridge Town Hall. The second is from 11am to 4pm on Saturday, November 3, at St Michael’s Church, Mytholmroyd.
They’re being held to provide information about what support is available and steps to take to prepare for flooding. Representatives from Calderdale Council, the Environment Agency, the Community Foundation for Calderdale, Voluntary Action Calderdale and other organisations will offer advice.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Something’s brewing down at Sid’s music shop
- More help for the unemployed
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west