Two men have been arrested after a police car was badly damaged bringing a car chase to an end on the A646 Burnley Road, Hebden Bridge.
The stolen white Vauxhall Corsa, which was travelling from the Todmorden direction, was stopped just before the traffic lights at the Fox and Goose pub at around 8.30am on Friday.
Two men, a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old - one thought to be the driver, have been arrested and released on bail. But police are believed to still be looking for a third person who was in the car when it was brought to a standstill.
The Corsa had been taken in Keighley at 7.10am.
Police said it travelled out of West Yorkshire before returning to the county at Todmorden and being stopped in Hebden Bridge by officers.
No one was hurt in the incident but a police car was smashed stopping the car and both airbags in the Corsa had deployed.
Two police cars were involved in following the stolen car. The police helicopter was also called out to help track it.
A man, thought to be the driver,ran from the car and tried to hide under bushes in Colden Close, Hebden Bridge.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North