Road closed due to subsidence
Drivers are facing diversions after part of a road collapsed in Mytholmroyd.
Scout Road from Hathershelf Lane junction to the caravan site near Scout Road Primary School has been closed after subsidence which also resulted in damage to a wall.
A council spokesperson said: “Calderdale Council is investigating the incident and looking into what repair works are needed.
“The road will remain closed until repairs have been completed. Gritting will continue as necessary up to Scout Road Primary School.”
Signs are in place giving diversion details.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west