Rave before the grave with top DJs
AFTER tonight’s HX Jazz extravaganza with Skamel, the mood gets darker as the clocks are put back an hour at the weekend and the Hallowe’en celebration beckons.
Tomorrow Chapter Four’s evil scientists will show off their lab work with a ghoulish potion of reggae grooves, with a host of undead DJs spinning in their graves.
There’ll be enough bass and rhythm to wake the dead and everyone is invited to dress to kill.
On Saturday DJs are still to the fore as Antony Ellis, Chris Neil, Low_key and Dr $icknote return with their “occasional” house music party. Automatique’s first birthday celebrations will get under way at 9pm and the joint should be jumpin’ by 10pm, with the mighty Compression Sound System thrown in for good measure.
Sunday sees burgeoning new talent take to the Trades stage in Teenage Kicks. Doors open at 6pm and there’s a special admission price (over 18s £3, under 18s £2) to see a host of new young bands who might one day make the big time.
Vertabrake, Saphistarr, Dream Eaters and Friends are among the bands starting on their journey.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west