Motorist face major disruption
Motorists face major disruption this morning after heavy snow and strong winds last night.
Around four to six inches of snow has fallen throughout parts of Calderdale over night and the Met Office has said that the bad weather will continue for most of today.
The A58 Halifax Road from its junction with Elland Road in Ripponden to Littleborough is closed because of the snow. And many roads through Holmfirth in Huddersfield.
Police say that people appear to be listening to the severe warnings and are not venturing out unless absolutely necessary.
Flights from Leeds and Bradford Airport have also been suspended until 9am while the runway is cleared.
Forecasters are saying that it could be the coldest March in history.
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west