HORSE MEAT UPDATE: Seizures in Hull and London
Further to the arrests made yesterday in Todmorden and Wales in relation to suspected fraud, there have been seizures of evidence in Hull and London.
The Food Standards Agency said officers entered three premises with local authorities and the police; one was in Hull and two in Tottenham.
Computers and documentary evidence has been removed as well as meat samples that have been taken for testing.
Yesterday, the FSA announced that three individuals - one in Todmorden and two in Wales - had been arrested by Dyfed-Powys Police on suspicion of fraud, as a result of the Agency’s investigation into the use of horse meat in the food chain.
The investigation is live and ongoing and the agency said it would not be making any further comments regarding those arrests.
The FSA has continued to provide information to Europol and this information has now been analysed by both Europol and law enforcement agencies in 35 countries – across Europe and elsewhere.
- Group marks out £1.8 million housing plan
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Flood warning sirens to sound in Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd, Todmorden and Walsden
- Meeting called to try and keep award-winning landlords in pub
- Ingham’s Eye View: Sun, wind and waves just won’t cut it
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North