Heavy snow hits Calderdale
Calderdale is waking up to widespread disruption this morning after heavy snow and blizzards over night.
Side roads across the district are covered with standing snow, with main roads passable but still affected.
Forecasters say the wintry weather could continue for the next 40 hours.
This video shows the wintry scene in Hebden Bridge this morning.
Keep checking the site as we bring you the latest travel news and school closures.
- Group marks out £1.8 million housing plan
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Big step forward in community pub buy-out initiative
- Flood warning sirens to sound in Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd, Todmorden and Walsden
- Meeting called to try and keep award-winning landlords in pub
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 10 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North