Groups focus on poverty
UNDERSTANDING poverty in the neighbourhood is the aim of a conference being hosted by local Methodists.
The Church and Society Group of the Calderdale Methodist Circuit are planning a one-day conference called Poverty in Calderdale
This conference aims to help all people of all faiths or none in Calderdale to understand the problems of poverty locally and to increase church members’ input into the lives of those in need in our community. The conference will look at what is already being done to help locally and consider what else is required.
The conference will be held at the Kings Centre, Park Road, Halifax, on October 6 from 9.30am to 1pm, with an opportunity to talk to people and services working in this area afterwards.
It is free to attend and includes lunch and refreshments. For more details, to register your attendance at the event or any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west