GALA fun will continue in Mytholmroyd after more volunteers stepped forward to help run the annual extravaganza.
Its future had been uncertain after key figures, including the secretary, stood down. But at a meeting in Mytholmroyd Community Centre on Tuesday evening several new volunteers offered their services.
Barry Greenwood, chairman of the gala organising committee, said: “It went very well and I was quite taken aback - it was a really good meeting and everyone has pulled together.”
The fresh blood - including newly appointed secretary Andrew Halewood, who takes over from retiring secretary Stewart Scholfield - and treasurer Anthony Hodgins will meet again at the end of January to begin to formulate the event for 2013, which will take place on Saturday, June 29.
Mr Greenwood said Mr Scholfield hoped to continue as a member of the committee but his future plans meant he wanted to hand over the secretary’s reins to ensure continuity.
Mr Greenwood said: “I thanked Stewart for all the work he has carried out over the years.
“He took over four or five years ago and has been a tremendous secretary. We gave him a big round of applause.”
Mr Greenwood said there had also been input from representatives of Calder High School, who were hoping to get students involved at next year’s colourful fund-raising gala.
The 2013 event will stand alone, as this summer’s was spliced with Hebden Bridge Handmade Parade, which had to be postponed for a week because of the floods.