Budding playwrights are needed for their 15 minutes of fame
Hebden Shorts is back for its third outing and needs new writers to submit 15-minute plays for their run during the Arts Festival in June.
The Shorts team had a year off in 2012 after two sell-out runs and their return is a unique opportunity for any budding Stoppards or Millers to have their work performed and directed by experienced professionals.
The Shorts are being revived in partnership with the Arts Festival and they want to hear from writers of any age and any level of experience who are resident in Calderdale.
Artistic director Helen Meller said: “We are delighted that Hebden Shorts are back showcasing the range of talent in our community but, as the festival is also about nurturing new talent, we want to hear from fresh voices.
“Apart from having something to say all you have to do is write a self-contained story no longer than 15 minutes, and it must be the original work of the writer that has not been performed anywhere else,”
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 8 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west