Girl, 6, injured in Leeds house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A six-year-old girl was taken to hospital after suffering burns in a house fire in Leeds.

The girl suffered burns to her leg during the fire which happened in the attic bedroom of a property in Mafeking Grove, Beeston, at 5am this morning (Wednesday).

Two appliances from Hunslet Fire Station were dispatched to the incident and they arrived the girl’s father was attempting to extinguish the fire having got the six-year-old and her mother and sister to safety.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went upstairs with a hose reel to ensure the fire was completely out.

The girl was given first aid by firefighters until paramedics arrived and transferred to hospital.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a lamp.

The attic bedroom suffered only minor damage.

Firefighters were at the scene for around 45 minutes.