Fire breaks out at Todmorden bakery

editorial image

Fire crews were called to a bakery in Todmorden this morning (Tuesday) after an electrical fire broke out.

Firefighters from Todmorden and Mytholmroyd were called to Mannings, Halifax Road, at around 10.45am.

A unit in the basement had overheated and caught fire. Workers evacuated the premises after smelling smoke and then alerted the fire service.

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said that two breathing apparatus wearers tackled the fire with hose reels.

Nobody was injured.

Crews waited at the scene for Northern Powergrid to arrive so the incident could be handed over.