Moments in time captured
Around 60 people attended the February meeting of the Mytholmroyd Historical Society when Mr Ernest Jennings of the Institute of Amateur Cinema Photographers presented a “Selection of Local Films”.
There was a recent film of the North East of England, a film showing the building of the M62 motorway and a film of Hebden Bridge and the surrounding area at different times.
There were also three short comedy films which were very amusing.
Mrs Evelyn Graham presided and Mr Rodney Collinge expressed thanks.
The next meeting will be at Mytholmroyd Methodist Church on Friday, March 8, at 7.30pm when John Spencer will give a talk entitled “Private Hemmingway, Halifax man at Waterloo”.
New members are welcome.
- Group marks out £1.8 million housing plan
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Flood warning sirens to sound in Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd, Todmorden and Walsden
- Ingham’s Eye View: Sun, wind and waves just won’t cut it
- Big step forward in community pub buy-out initiative
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North east