POs: you helped highlight support
I’m sure that your readers will be only too pleased to read that the campaign started by the Post Office and supported by myself and other councillors over the summer has been successful.
Calderdale motorists will be able to buy vehicle tax discs at the post office for another seven years after the network won a £450m contract. The contract with the DVLA, will also allow the Post Office Ltd to run applications for driving licences and changes to licence photocards.
It has been awarded the contract for seven years, with an option to extend for a further three years.
We have always argued that the services are vital for keeping post offices open. The existing contract was set to expire in March, with a huge potential detrimental effect for the post office here. I would like to thank the more than 1,000 people who signed the petition which helped highlight our support for the Post Office.
Coun Nader Fekri JP,
(Labour & Co-op, Calder Ward)
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Something’s brewing down at Sid’s music shop
- More help for the unemployed
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west