I never thought I’d see an otter in Tod
IS this a first for Todmorden?
On Friday, October 26, at 4.45 I was going for the early bus.
While walking along Stansfield Road car park, the local duck population suddenly took to the air and flew over the bridge.
I looked into the river to see what the commotion was and I saw something I thought I would never see - an otter, which had come up the river under the bridge and carried on upstream, running on the concrete at the side of the river.
Alas, I didn’t have a camera but I know what I saw.
It was a fantastic sight and was it a first for Todmorden? Has anyone else seen it?
B. Earnshaw, Joshua Street,
- Todmorden High School students get their A-level, AS and equivalent BTec results
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher was a “very nice lady” who paved the way for women, says councillor
- Former Prime Minister Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies - Sir Bernard Ingham calls her the “outstanding 20th century Prime Minister”
- Cruel sting as lack of dock leaves leads to world championships being cancelled
- New chip shop plan is put in
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Halifax
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west